ISSN 1999 - 9801
Impact factor 0,154
1.1. The editorial board of the scientific and technical journal “Vestnik of AUPET” is guided in its activities by the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan, decrees and orders of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, decrees and orders of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, legislative acts in the field of education, copyright and book publishing, regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Charter of the Non-profit Joint-Stock Company “Almaty University of Power Engineering and Telecommunications named after Gumarbek Daukeev” (hereinafter - the University) and this Regulation.
1.2. The editorial board builds its work on the principles of collegiality, equality and independence.
1.3. Members of the editorial board participate in its work on a voluntary basis.
2. The composition of the editorial board
2.1. The editorial board is a permanent body formed from the faculty of the University, representatives of other enterprises and organizations in the field of energy, telecommunications, education, including foreign ones.
2.2. The composition of the editorial board is approved by order of the rector of the University.
2.3. The editorial board is headed by the Chief Editor, appointed by order of the rector of the University.
2.4. In resolving issues related to the activities of the journal, each member of the editorial board has one vote.
3. The main tasks of the editorial board
3.1. The main task of the editorial board is to consider incoming articles and other materials for publication.
3.2. Among the tasks of the editorial board, including also:
- Consideration of organizational issues of the issue of the journal, the concept of the journal, journal design;
- Recommendation, if necessary, of scientists and specialists for an additional review of incoming articles;
- monitoring compliance with laws and other regulations governing the media;
- preparation of proposals and collegial decisions on the issues under consideration.
4. Duties of the members of the editorial board
4.1. Editor in Chief:
- organizes and carries out general management of the activities of the editorial board;
- participates in the work of the editorial board with a casting vote;
-ensures the implementation of the main tasks and decisions of the editorial board;
-decides on the inclusion in the journal number of articles and other materials, if relevant documents are available;
- helps to improve the quality of publications by selecting and ordering materials;
- forms proposals on the composition of the editorial board;
- reports on the work of the editorial board to the Academic Council of the University;
- represents the editorial board in other organizations and departments.
4.2. The deputy editor-in-chief, appointed by order of the rector of the University from among the members of the editorial board, helps the editor-in-chief in the organization of work;
- is responsible for the content of the vestnik-aues.kz journal website and its timely updating;
- Acts as editor-in-chief during his absence.
4.3. Members of the Editorial Board:
- carry out instructions and decisions of the editorial board;
- consider, if necessary, the materials proposed for publication, prepare proposals, conclusions and reviews on them;
- render assistance to the chief editor of the journal in resolving organizational issues;
- analyze the comments and suggestions of readers about the quality and content of the journal;
- contribute to strengthening the authority of the journal in Kazakhstan, neighboring countries and far abroad, as well as expanding the readership.
4.4. To ensure the organizational activities of the editorial board, an executive secretary is appointed by order of the rector of the University.
4.5. The main responsibilities of the executive secretary are:
- Interaction with authors of publications and members of the editorial board;
- Organization and maintenance of the journal;
- sending copyright materials for anonymous peer review (in accordance with the rules recommended by Education and Science Monitoring Committee of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and controlling the review period;
- Preparation of materials for publication on the journal website.
5. The rights of members of the editorial board
5.1. The chief editor has the right:
- Request from the members of the editorial board the information necessary for work;
- reject the manuscripts submitted for publication in the absence of reviews, the expert opinion of the enterprise where the work proposed for publication has been completed, and other necessary documents;
- take part in meetings and conferences on editorial and publishing activities;
- make suggestions on changing the structure, functions and composition of the editorial boards, working conditions and measures aimed at improving the quality of the publication.
5.2. Members of the editorial board, within their competence, have the right:
- to request from the editor-in-chief of the journal the necessary documents, materials and information related to the activities of the editorial board;
- to offer other scientists - not members of the editorial board, as reviewers of articles and materials preparing for publication;
- to make proposals on changing the structure, functions and composition of the editorial board, working conditions and measures aimed at improving the quality of the publication.
5.3. Members of the editorial board are obliged to fulfill the duties assigned to them, approved by this Regulation.
6. The working procedure of the editorial board
6.1. To carry out the main tasks, the editorial board holds meetings, as necessary, at which issues that require a collegial decision are considered. Members of the editorial board can participate in meetings in a selector mode (online through information and communication technology).
6.2. Decisions are made by open vote by a simple majority of the number of those participating in the meeting of the editorial board. If a member participates in a selector mode, the opinions of such a participant on the agenda (on issues under consideration) are provided in advance in writing to the editorial office.
6.3. The chief editor presides at a meeting of the editorial board.
6.4. The decisions of the editorial board are binding and must be executed by the editor-in-chief of the journal.
6.5. Material and technical support for the activities of the editorial board is provided by the University.
7. Amendments to the Regulation of the Editorial Board
7.1. Changes and / or additions to the Regulation can be made in the prescribed manner by the Rector in accordance with the internal regulatory documents of the University.
7.2. Changes in the staff of the editorial board come into force from the moment the order on their approval is issued.
8. The procedure for the reorganization and liquidation of the editorial board
8.1. The editorial board is reorganized and liquidated on the basis of the order of the rector of the University.